The World Affairs Council of Austin’s International Trade Center is pleased to offer the Global Business Series: Trade Briefing on Malaysia featuring Mr. Shams Rusli, Director of the Malaysian Investment Development Authority in Houston. Director Rusli will discuss:
- Malaysia’s current economic performance.
- FDI performance in Malaysia by country.
- FDI performance by industry.
- Opportunities in Malaysia’s manufacturing sector — promoted and targeted industries within Malaysia.
- Selected industry ecosystems, i.e aerospace, oil & gas.
- Opportunities in Malaysia’s services sector.
- Business policy and incentives.
- Advantages of regional trade agreements: FTAs and TPP.
Shams Rusli, Director of MIDA Houston, commenced working for the Malaysian Industrial Development Authority (MIDA) as an Economic Executive in 2002. He served as Deputy Director of MIDA in Los Angeles from 2007 to 2010. Subsequently, he became the Deputy Director of the Foreign Investment Coordination Division, responsible for Malaysian Investment Promotion Strategies and Programmes globally and domestically, overseeing MIDA US and Asian offices.
Shams graduated from the University Utara Malaysia with a Bachelor of Accountancy (B.A. Honours) in 1997. He is a certified public accountant and a registered member of the Malaysian Institute of Accountants.
The Malaysian Investment Development Authority (MIDA) is the government’s principal agency for the promotion of the manufacturing and services sectors in Malaysia. MIDA assists companies intending to invest in the manufacturing and services sectors, as well as facilitates the implementation of their projects. The wide range of services provided by MIDA includes providing information on the opportunities for investments, as well as facilitating companies which are looking for joint venture partners.
- Advanced electronics
- Specialty chemicals
- Machinery & equipment
In partnership with: